Author Topic: a9 camshaft  (Read 1702 times)

reg

• View Profile
a9 camshaft
« on: August 02, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »
not a happy chappy, fitted the a9 high profile camshaft. went for test run and its no different other than it makes more noise. it sure sounds faster but the speedo says otherwise. i am using 6g rollers, could reducing to 5g make that much difference?

phatboy

• View Profile
Re: a9 camshaft
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:39:33 PM »
not a happy chappy, fitted the a9 high profile camshaft. went for test run and its no different other than it makes more noise. it sure sounds faster but the speedo says otherwise. i am using 6g rollers, could reducing to 5g make that much difference?
sorry t hear that. I don't know but 5g seems to work very well for me the hp peak is probably higher and rpm is 8000+ I hear this is a top end cam. Rollers are cheap its worth a shot
Agility 50 w/72cc BBK, A9 cam, stock airbox and exhaust (both drilled out), remove air tube restriction, stock head, stock carb, 105 main jet, CDI cut, smooth variator boss, stock variator w/5g rollers

reg

• View Profile
Re: a9 camshaft
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:50:57 AM »
Hi, i think you may be right about the rollers. My theory now is that as I have shortened the variator bush the belt automatically rides high in the variator and is permanently in high gear. Add my heavier roller weights into the picture and it may be that my engine is not revving high enough to show the benefits of the a9 camshaft. Apparently this came only shows its worth at high revs. Well as I say thats the theory ! this mornings road test with 5g rollers may show something different. I think I need to get a tacho like you guys have.. I am working in the dark without one.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()