Author Topic: Gassing up at Tim's  (Read 1107 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Gassing up at Tim's
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:59:33 PM »
Best place to get fueled in the morning. (me, Tim Horton's coffee)
Geez, BP premo was $3.99 this morning for the scoot!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

91cavgt

• View Profile
Re: Gassing up at Tim's
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:12:11 PM »
Ever since my Like turned over 1000 miles I have been running 87 octane in it and it has been running great.  I do know they rate the octane differently in different places throughout the world, and our 87 octane is not the same as say China's or Europe's 87 octane.  Even in 100+ degree temps, I don't hear any knock or ping, but I do get quality fuel, not from El-Cheapos Gas down the street.
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Gassing up at Tim's
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »
Ever since my Like turned over 1000 miles I have been running 87 octane in it and it has been running great.  I do know they rate the octane differently in different places throughout the world, and our 87 octane is not the same as say China's or Europe's 87 octane.  Even in 100+ degree temps, I don't hear any knock or ping, but I do get quality fuel, not from El-Cheapos Gas down the street.

Yes, well, I know I shouldn't fuss about the price of gas. My nearly DOA Jetta was driven off by a hopeful youngster - and this 80-something MPG-er is now my ride. 'Rest of the world finds out what we Gringos are paying - they might invade! (I remember having to drive my VW nearly on fumes to get the free car wash with purchase of $3.00 of gas at the Shell station) With all my singing and giggling inside my fullface helmet I'd never hear the scoot pinging - so I buy 93 to be safe.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()