Author Topic: the LIKE seat photos  (Read 3041 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
the LIKE seat photos
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »
Took apart my spare LIKE seat today (FYI: the 200i and the 49cc use the same seat - but not the same under-seat-bucket)
For those who find the bump in the middle of the seat to be uncomfortable - here are photos of the offending bump in the under-foam seat pan.
You can clearly see that the bump runs the entire width of the seat, just behind the middle valley where a lot of us sit, but is at its highest on the left half of the ridge.
This bump is what causes my tailbone to hurt - and I cannot ride longer than 40 mins without feeling a mixture of pain and numbness in that area.

If the LIKE seat pans were flat ............ well, that'd be great.
But it looks like they would have had to raise the seat height, or lower the tank, to get the clearance they needed - whatever -just wish the pan were flat like so many 2 wheeled seats are.
I've ordered my foam and vinyl and will see what I can do to improve my seat. Once I get the foam glued in and find a comfortable ride - then I might take the seat and vinyl to a shop to have the new cover put on.
I sit at lights with my feet in front of me, heels on the ground - so there are no issues with me making my seat too high.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: the LIKE seat photos
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
more photos
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 02:16:43 PM »
more photos
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
For those of us with long legs, and who would like to scoot back out of that dip in the seat - we cannot beacuse of that seat pan ridge.
So we ride sitting in the dip with our knees too close to the leg shield. I have heard a couple of guys who dropped their LIKE beacuse they didn't get their knees out of the way in time when turning.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »
My project with a seat. Phase I opened the seat halfway, some clipping of the dune on the middle. Put a slice of camping sleeping foam (what ever is the name of it ;-)
Noticed still hard seat, put some foam over top of seat, and hard choice of colour: red. The red vinyl was all to hard for me as first timer. So buying new cloth: white. Bit easier one, done the job as two stages, fingers sore.

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »
Phase II: Getting the white better. The situation after phase I on top left. I'm quite satisfied. There is a clever bit: if everything went wrong, my black vinyl is there under. Getting rid on my own work there is always getting back home, the reassuring black vinyl ;-D

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:39:22 AM »
Really nice shots guys.  Thx for posting and keeping the group updated.  This is a tricky one for sure.  Nice results so far.  White seat looks great.

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 07:17:10 AM »
I'd lean towards deep red, but white is quite nice -although prone to get dirty. My idea is to keep it until ugly, then I go to pro with my red vinyl. Got info that red is on with 50-60euros.

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 03:56:38 AM »
Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany OR 541-791-5142 customized my Like 200 seat for $200. He moved the ridge back about 2 1/2 inches (I was one of the guys who dropped his scoot because knees caught the handlebar,) replaced the foam with memory foam and narrowed the front of the seat. Worked nicely on 300 mile ride with just potty and fuel stops.
Bikers and scoots come to him from all over the US. He is considered one of the best.
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 06:52:39 AM »
Thanks donandrews for sharing your source. I'll keep that in my contact listing.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 10:13:10 AM »
Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany OR 541-791-5142 customized my Like 200 seat for $200. He moved the ridge back about 2 1/2 inches (I was one of the guys who dropped his scoot because knees caught the handlebar,) replaced the foam with memory foam and narrowed the front of the seat. Worked nicely on 300 mile ride with just potty and fuel stops.
Bikers and scoots come to him from all over the US. He is considered one of the best.

Say, can we get photos of your seat re-make. I'm just about to start mine (vinyl and foams both came in the mail) staple gun and electric knife in hand!
You are the first post with a pro re-work of the LIKE seat which seems to have worked!!
How did he move the ridge? What kind of vinyl did he use?
I tried sitting dead on that ridge while riding last evening. It lifted me so high to sit on it -I'm wondering how this will work when I pad in front,over and behind it to make it "disappear" under my butt. I'm going to be pretty high, I think.
Photos of seat and under-seat re-work, too please. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 09:21:40 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:48 PM »
My whitey still pretty. Like just came from cottage holiday with a taxi. It was nice to have both options, to cruise on steets on Old Rauma

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()