Author Topic: Interesting discovery.  (Read 905 times)

Mscmkr

• View Profile
Interesting discovery.
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
So I have been enjoying my Like ever since I got it home about a week ago. Only thing, my seat has been making a loud, hard popping noise every time I either push on the right side middle of the seat or sit down on it. I could not figure out why it has been doing this. I have been all over the seat, tightening everything I could find. Well I went to the dealer and asked him what he thought was causing this. We went and looked at another Like and come to find out there's a rubber gasket that runs around the under side of the seat. I went home and checked my scoot and guess what I didn't have....the stupid gasket. Now, I'm wondering if this was not put on at the factory or the dealer? Any thoughts?

Be safe everyone, mscmkr

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting discovery.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 01:08:02 PM »
Yep, there's a gasket under there.
Have the dealer peel one off his scoot & give it to you- and order one for his scoot!
I have 2 of these seats, one gasket keeps unseating itself - the other stays in place with no issues.
Perhaps  the noodle bell went off in the factory when the guy was supposed to put it on - came back and forgot!
Same thing happens here in Ohio at the Honda factory when the hamburger bell goes off at lunch time!

You can see the gasket in place on my seat photo here:
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=9736.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:14:25 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting discovery.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »
If its under warranty have the dealer take care of it. I had two screws missing. They weren't critical but I wanted them installed all the same. Dealer took care of it under warranty.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()