Author Topic: Tacky tac install on a LIKE  (Read 1119 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Tacky tac install on a LIKE
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:04:56 AM »
Curiousity.
That's my excuse.
It ain't pretty, but, like my physician said : "It ain't permanent."
The red wire is the pick-up on the plug wire...I put a plastic collar on it and kept it away from other wires and heat with a couple of wire ties.
Routed it through the hinge opening in the glove box, used the VIN plate hole to help route the wire. I always use soft wire to pull things along - if I get the wrong thing I won't do much harm.

Tach is applied with 3M red tape - no holes drilled. Nothing altered.
So now I can watch what my engine is doing - and look for changes as I swap plugs, oil, rollers, sliders, belts, ambient temperature, etc.

Of course you don't need a tach on a CVT scooter - but it satisfies my curiousity of things and when I get tired of it I'll take it out and put in on my push mower.

I'm making chili - but in a quick run it looks like the LIKE is accelerating strongly (enough, for me) at @3500rpm, and I'm idling at @750-900rpm. Chili'll be ready in about 1/2 an hour. This stuff will alter you!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Tacky tac install on a LIKE
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:06:32 AM »
Peep hole for routing....the VIN is also behind here. Pops off with a butter knife (see Vivo for this special OEM tool)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

tclhb

• View Profile
Re: Tacky tac install on a LIKE
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 01:23:28 AM »
If you check the rpms @ different speeds cruising post them. I'm curious what it is @45. That and 50 are probably my most common speeds when I'm not accelerating or decelerating.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()