Author Topic: LIKE 200i Tachometer Readings/RE-Figured!  (Read 2730 times)

tclhb

• View Profile
Re: LIKE 200i Tachometer Readings
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 02:22:10 AM »
Just be selective as to when you do 50. If you're not comfortable, then just don't. The biggest thing is people making left turns right in front of you. I was in a big sports bike club in the early 2000s. One of its members, someone I didn't really know too well, was just killed last Sunday by someone making a left turn right in front of him. I just happened to be riding in the same city at the same time it happened. Scary stuff. If I see someone indicating they are are turning left from oncoming traffic, I cover my brakes and slow to be ready. You just can't trust other drivers very much. http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-me-0807-motorcycle-fatal-20130805,0,5924661.story
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: LIKE 200i Tachometer Readings/RE-Figured!
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 01:33:55 AM »
Just be selective as to when you do 50. If you're not comfortable, then just don't. The biggest thing is people making left turns right in front of you. I was in a big sports bike club in the early 2000s. One of its members, someone I didn't really know too well, was just killed last Sunday by someone making a left turn right in front of him. I just happened to be riding in the same city at the same time it happened. Scary stuff. If I see someone indicating they are are turning left from oncoming traffic, I cover my brakes and slow to be ready. You just can't trust other drivers very much. http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-me-0807-motorcycle-fatal-20130805,0,5924661.story
Sad story...thanks for sharing. a fellow LIKE 200i rider was hit here a few weeks ago, hit and run.
Yep, I cover the brakes any time a car comes up at a side street or signals coming at me.
Today had a car in the R turn lane next to me at the light...next thing I know they are beside me as the light changed. They didn't turn, but went through with me. Good thing I wasn't  swerving to avoid a man hole.
Next year my son says he's getting a motorcycle. He already has an armored jacket (grey) and a helmet (black) - and he took the safety course with me a few weeks ago. I've been thinking....I'm going to buy him the brightest day glo hi-viz yellow armored jacket they make before he takes off on that bike! 33 miles one way on the interstate to his college classes. I already have a full head of grey hair as it is! (from raising 6 kids)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()