Author Topic: FYI - Discovered a broken tab on the Left Side Leg Skirt  (Read 853 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
FYI - Discovered a broken tab on the Left Side Leg Skirt
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:33:48 AM »
Today while inspecting my air filter I bumped the left foot peg release button. Behind where the foot peg rest is a tab that is attached to the floor board. I noticed it was broken clean through near the head of the screw holding it in place. I started to remove the left side leg skirt when I determined it was more hassle than it was worth. To fix the break I used a cyanoacrylate adhesive (aka crazy glue). It worked, but glued the screw in place. I'll have to drill out the screw if I ever need to remove the skirt, but that's not a big deal.

Why they designed the skirt to have a thin tab at a stress point (being kicked by passengers using the foot peg) doesn't make a lot of sense as they easily could have created a stronger tab (read thicker).

Hopefully an image shows up below. The skirt is the piece at the far right bottom corner. The tab I am referring to is the one just to the left of the part number indicated as 93903-34380.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:54:56 AM by TroutBum »

Dolemite

• View Profile
Re: FYI - Discovered a broken tab on the Left Side Leg Skirt
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
Mine is broken in the same place too. Do idea when it happened. It doesn't hut anything, i'll get around to remounting it one of these days.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: FYI - Discovered a broken tab on the Left Side Leg Skirt
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
I remember someone's post stating that you need to remove screws in that area before removing the belt cover - or you will break a tab like they did.
There are probably several LIKE owners here who have removed their belt cover - comments re. this tab and screw?
Mine is OK....you guys had me out there in the garage with a flashlight!
Has the dealer serviced under the belt cover? Maybe they broke the tab without knowing.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()