Author Topic: Signals?  (Read 1522 times)

McG

• View Profile
Signals?
« on: August 09, 2013, 01:46:08 AM »
I know that for the states, we need the turn signals on those stalks below the handlebars.  But, it looks like there are still places for signal bulbs in the front below these stalks.  Does anyone know if they'll still work if I put bulbs in?  Anyone know how? Any extra visibility is good in my book.

Thanks!

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Re: Signals?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 01:52:02 AM »
I posted a fairly clear post about this.  I am using LEDs in the sockets I added (there is no wiring or sockets, BUT you can modify the dummy plug and make it work rather nicely).  Search on the forum 

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7189.msg78505#msg78505

Hope that helps. 

McG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
Wow, that's excellent!  Thanks!

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:40:46 AM »
Good luck and let me know if you have any issues.  Been off the grid for a couple of weeks.  Sorry for the late reply.

rogerd1944

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
O K I did the activation of the faring lights .Followed your pics.No prpblem. I used led lights . The only thing I did different was I did not remove the dash cover to wire it.I just snaked 2 wires down to each side to the glove box by way of under the headlight then I pulled out some wire from the existing handelbar signal lights. I then tied into them pushed them back up in the hole and then tied together in the glove box . It went well for me .Thanks for your input on this matter .They look great .

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
O K I did the activation of the faring lights .Followed your pics.No prpblem. I used led lights . The only thing I did different was I did not remove the dash cover to wire it.I just snaked 2 wires down to each side to the glove box by way of under the headlight then I pulled out some wire from the existing handelbar signal lights. I then tied into them pushed them back up in the hole and then tied together in the glove box . It went well for me .Thanks for your input on this matter .They look great .
Could we get picture of your version of this install?
Thanks, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

rogerd1944

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 06:58:40 PM »
I have no pics .If you do everything from the other step by step then when it comes to running the wire use a stiff wire go in through the panel in the glove box and fiddle around with it till it comes up under headlight gap and grab it with some needle nose pliers.tape the wire 2 of them and pull down to glove box. Then where the signal light is under brake lever take out bolt and pull down the wire that has black covering on it so you can strip back some of it so you can make your connection. then put the wirers on in the glove box to the adapter you made.Then same for the other side. If you want a real bright light get a 15 watt bulb regular not led (cheaper )If you have any questions I will try to assist.I hope this helps

rogerd1944

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
What size bulbs are you using in your running lights?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()