Author Topic: New LIKE owner  (Read 2990 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New LIKE owner
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
Well, I wouldn't blame you if you sold your wife's scooter. If your service is that bad..........I don't know what you could do.
Since it is important to you that it be safe - you could change out the tires and put Michelins on...but don't know where you'd get that done if dealer is so bad.

I certainly would go down to the dealer and ask to speak to the manager. Explain your issues, what you'd like to see done and what you plan to do if not satisfied.

Would be sorry to lose you as a member - but there are a lot of good scooters out there - maybe you could find another good scoot with a good dealer!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CB024

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
That sucks about your dealer. You know those front tires are pretty easy to remove, i'd take it off and bring it to any powersports shop and have them balance it, it probably wouldn't cost more than $10 if you bring it in off the bike.

I did that initially. I took it to 2 different places and neither could do scooter tires. I guess I could call around and find out what place in the valley can do scooter tires.

Well, I wouldn't blame you if you sold your wife's scooter. If your service is that bad..........I don't know what you could do.
Since it is important to you that it be safe - you could change out the tires and put Michelins on...but don't know where you'd get that done if dealer is so bad.

I certainly would go down to the dealer and ask to speak to the manager. Explain your issues, what you'd like to see done and what you plan to do if not satisfied.

Would be sorry to lose you as a member - but there are a lot of good scooters out there - maybe you could find another good scoot with a good dealer!
Yeah it's just frustrating. Ultimately I don't mind wrenching on my stuff. I guess its more the fact that I feel I shouldn't have to fix a brand new scooter. I have been riding for years so I'm not worried about me but my wife who has never ridden 2 wheels besides a 10 speed bicycle I tend to worry, haha. If I sell it I'm going to take a loss on it for sure and I wont sell it until I get the problem fixed. I wouldn't burn someone with an issue like this.

As far as the Michelin's I was thinking the exact same thing. Great minds think alike!! 8) Heck my wife might fall in love with the thing once its rolling right and want to keep it. I just need to be prepared to go it alone with zero dealership support if we do keep it.

As far as the manager issue. I don't think that will do me much good. I've been dealing with the owner. His loss. I had fully planned on buying another from him for me in a few months before this all happened. That's not going to happen now!

I'll get working on it next week as this week is pretty busy for me. Once I get it squared away I'll post what I did in case it happens to another member here.

Stay safe out there guys.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »
I'll bet Kymco would be disappointed in your local dealer too. I wonder if there is a regional manager or equivalent that could help? Whatever you decide to do, I wish you luck!
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
There is a Kymco USA number on there website you can call. I think that might be a good idea in this situation. Give it a shot and keep us updated on what happens.

Best of luck and ride safe, mscmkr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()