Author Topic: Decisions... Agility 125 vs Genuine Buddy 125...  (Read 5087 times)

hugo

• View Profile
Decisions... Agility 125 vs Genuine Buddy 125...
« on: July 31, 2009, 12:11:07 AM »
I'm torn between the two.  I realize that the Kymco probably has better support (being a larger company), but the Genuine Buddy 125 seems to be "THE" scooter that all others are compared to in that engine size.

I am leaning towards the Agility (price-wise), but buying a Chinese manufactured scoot concerns me for reasons from slave labor in China to overall quality and value.

The Genuine is manufactured in Taiwan (PGO), a company that used to build for Piaggio, and has received many reliable reviews.

MSRP price difference between the two is $700 higher for the Genuine ($2700 OTD).  The MSRP for the Kymco is $1999, but every dealer that sells them in the area charges Freight and setup (another $300-400).

I realize that I'm questioning on a potentially biased forum, but please give me your thoughts.

Thanks,

Hugo

1cyl

• Chymco
    • View Profile
Re: Decisions... Agility 125 vs Genuine Buddy 125...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:36 AM »
If you're short, the Buddy has the lower seat height and it's nice to have a foot on the ground when you have to stop. :)
But.... if your tall or a tad heavy, you'll hate the Buddy. You'll feel cramped and bottom-out the front suspension often!

I've owned both a Buddy 125, and now, a Agility 125. I like the Agility 10X more. ;)

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
Both great bikes -- I used to own an A125 (sold it because I wanted to do some cross-state trips, which I proved the A125 wasn't really suited to do by riding from Nashville to Johnson City, TN... 11 hours of vibrating hell, but it was fun in other respects), and I've ridden dozens of Buddys. You can't go wrong with either, so go with what's most comfortable for you.

I'll say this: Genuine's roadside protection is A-1 -- I was working at East Side Scooters yesterday, and had a Buddy dropped off by their contractor. Less than 90 minutes from the customer's call to its arrival at the shop.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »
Both great bikes -- I used to own an A125 (sold it because I wanted to do some cross-state trips, which I proved the A125 wasn't really suited to do by riding from Nashville to Johnson City, TN... 11 hours of vibrating hell, but it was fun in other respects), and I've ridden dozens of Buddys. You can't go wrong with either, so go with what's most comfortable for you.

I'll say this: Genuine's roadside protection is A-1 -- I was working at East Side Scooters yesterday, and had a Buddy dropped off by their contractor. Less than 90 minutes from the customer's call to its arrival at the shop.

I have a roadside protection if I call a tow-truck myself and haul the dead scooter to the shop. :)
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:47 PM »
It's a value-add, but I get it for $49.95/year with MTS. So, what you get with a new Buddy is worth $100.  :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()