Author Topic: Honda Forza VS Downtown 300i  (Read 11268 times)

bountybuddy

• View Profile
Honda Forza VS Downtown 300i
« on: August 14, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
The new Honda Forza sure looks good to me.  I'm not sure it is a better scooter than the Downtown 300i but ABS brakes is an option.  Cost for the ABS model is about $6,000.00 so the price is right.  Very good chance if I can't buy the Downtown 300i with ABS brakes I'll buy the Fonza with ABS brakes.  Do any of you have any thoughts on this?  Ride safe my friends.

SonicSix

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
    • My Scooter Site
Re: Honda Forza VS Downtown 300i
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 02:32:17 PM »
I like the Forza and that it is a Honda, but I really prefer a step through scooter like the GT300i.  I will have to sit on one to see which one I will buy.  If I had to choose only between the Downtown 300 and the Forza, I would go with the Forza.
2012 Kymco Like 200i Black and Blue
White Bell Revolver EVO Modular Helmet with Dark Smoke Shield
States I have scootered in...

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:30:42 AM »
The new Honda Forza sure looks good to me.  I'm not sure it is a better scooter than the Downtown 300i but ABS brakes is an option.  Cost for the ABS model is about $6,000.00 so the price is right.  Very good chance if I can't buy the Downtown 300i with ABS brakes I'll buy the Fonza with ABS brakes.  Do any of you have any thoughts on this?  Ride safe my friends.

Give me a Kymco Downtown or a GT any day over the Honda.
Honda is overpriced and Honda dealers in my area are the pits. I would not trade goats with them.
On top of that, the Kymco s have more hp and torque for a lot less money.
I would not trade my GT for one of those Honda s if they gave me a new scoot and threw in $500..

300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »
Give me a Kymco Downtown or a GT any day over the Honda.
Honda is overpriced and Honda dealers in my area are the pits. I would not trade goats with them.
On top of that, the Kymco s have more hp and torque for a lot less money.
I would not trade my GT for one of those Honda s if they gave me a new scoot and threw in $500..

I agree with Boo. In fact, I have heard some horror stories about servicing the Honda PCX150 in regards to taking the panels off to do even simple work. Don't get me wrong, I know Honda makes an excellent scooter. Hell...I have a Honda BF150 HP outboard engine on my brand new Seaway 24' boat & it's flawless, plus had the same engine on our previous boat. I wouldn't trade my Kymco GTi300 for the Forza myself. Honda parts are pricey vs. Kymco, 2-year vs. 1-year warranty. Let's face it, Kymco that are built in Taiwan are on-par with any Honda scooter in terms of QC. Plus try & get a Honda dealer to "play ball" in regards to price. They won't budge & usually their fees (freight etc.) tend to be on the high side. The upside to the Honda Forza? They make it in my favorite color RED!!!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
I like the taller windshield on the Downtown. I haven't had much time with a Forza in person, but the Downtown was relatively easy to work on.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
A co worker has a Burgman that is currently broke. The first 4 dealers didn't even want to look at it. The 5th, over 90 minutes away wants $2000 just to look at it. You don't get that with Kymco dealers.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
A co worker has a Burgman that is currently broke. The first 4 dealers didn't even want to look at it. The 5th, over 90 minutes away wants $2000 just to look at it. You don't get that with Kymco dealers.

To be fair, that entire bike has to be disassembled to change the CVT belt.

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 09:40:23 PM »
I've been reading online chat rooms like advrider. There's an interesting thread there wher they talk about the recent decline in Japanese motorcycle quality. They are comparing these two scooters and there are people on there that say they prefer the Downtown 300i. I'll see if I can find it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 09:47:19 PM by tclhb »
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

tclhb

• View Profile

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 09:49:02 PM »
I read nice things in general on that board about Kymco. What I like about hat kind of board is they don't have a bias towards one brand. If I'm shopping that's a good source of opinions.

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
I had a PCX 125, recently I shopped around for a 300 size replacement, the Forza was the one for me.
Here's why...
The contenders were (in no particular order)

I wanted ABS, long service intervals, good fuel economy and range, an MPH speedo, the ability to keep up with motorway traffic and I wanted to see one in the flesh to check there would be enough storage for my helmet and all my gear under the seat.

Sym Joymax 300: KPH speedo, no ABS, no demonstrator, no stock at local dealer

Kymco Downtown 300: KPH speedo, no ABS, no demonstrator, no stock at local dealer

Piaggio X10: KPH speedo, no local dealer, no demonstrator at remote dealer, no stock at remote dealer

Honda Forza 300: Demonstrator at local dealer

Yamaha Xmax 250: No ABS, no demonstrator, no stock at local dealer

Only The Forza was available for a test ride where I live.
Only the Forza met (and has surpassed) all my exacting requirements.

One figure stands out, the service interval for the Forza which is far and away the best of the bunch at 8,000 miles.

All things considered, for what I wanted from a 300 scooter the Forza stands head and shoulders above the rest.

ophelia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 04:21:56 AM »
It's odd that the Downtown 300i in your area have kph dominant speedo. I think my SO had an American market bike with mph dominant speedo. kph would have been more useful here in Canada.
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()