Author Topic: Question about Agility 125 starting issue  (Read 868 times)

bamaroll29

• View Profile
Question about Agility 125 starting issue
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:13 PM »
I just bought my brother's Kymco Agility 125 scooter and am having some issues with starting it.  Whenever I try to start it with the electric start or kickstarting it, it starts for a second and then cuts out. When I pull the airbox off and start it with a rag in the air pipe (choking it manually), it starts and runs fine only when I'm choking it. I've tried warming up the engine this way but still when the rag is removed from the airway it cuts off.  It was running before it sat for a while and the gas smells fine and is running while choked.  At first I thought the electric choke might not be working and is possibly stuck with it not choking, although when the engine is hot the scooter still won't run unchoked.  Could the fuel sending unit not be giving enough fuel when not choked?

Has anyone else had this problem or have any resolutions? Thank you for any help!

terminalbeard

• View Profile
Re: Question about Agility 125 starting issue
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 04:41:08 PM »
You didn't say how long it sat but you may have a clogged jet so the engine is not getting enough gas to mix with normal air flow. Cleaning out the carb may help.
2013 Agility 125 Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()