Author Topic: Weight Info & Birth Date of your LIKE  (Read 1138 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Weight Info & Birth Date of your LIKE
« on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:07 PM »
A sticker which is all but hidden under the muffler side of the body gives some interesting information.
It also has your VIN number and the birth date of your LIKE, and a bunch of other info..
Looks like mine was  almost a year old before coming to my house.
The gross vehicle weight is a pretty important bit of info , and is posted clearly on most scooters. (But not here!)
Buyers want to know how much this thing can carry! As a big guy - I got down on my knees and searched out this info on every scooter I was thinking of purchasing!

The sticker says the bike chassis can hold 595 pounds. Now subtract the weight of the scooter - 264lbs (manual) and you see that the LIKE 200i is designed to carry an additional 331lbs (though the manual says 358lbs)

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Weight Info & Birth Date of your LIKE
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:16:22 AM »
  And what would be the Wt. cap of your rear wheel,.  because bigger people sit over the rear wheel,  I mean tire ,

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Weight Info & Birth Date of your LIKE
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 03:06:53 AM »
  And what would be the Wt. cap of your rear wheel,.  because bigger people sit over the rear wheel,  I mean tire ,
Hard to say isn't it. Maybe that explains the severe shock sag for big guy riders - and why so many of us are looking for  a better shock......sticker says 423lbs over the rear tire before it detonates and blows you over the front fender's deluxe chrome crash bar! (see why big guys like me always wear their helmets?!)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:14:25 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()