Author Topic: after market shocks (320mm)  (Read 2007 times)

ues61

• View Profile
after market shocks (320mm)
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
Has anyone tried to install a pair of these?  Feedback wanted.

Were the air canisters able to clear the plastics?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: after market shocks (320mm)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
These are just a bit shorter than the stock shocks. I think we have 13" shocks (hard to measure in place!)
320mm = 12.6"
I know I do not want to sit any lower with the shock sag I have at present.
But it would be good to find out if this type of shock will fit !
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ues61

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:11:31 PM »
As best I could, I measured the stock rear shocks from "eye-to-eye" while it was on it's center stand.  It was indeed, 320mm -- unless someone can confirm, otherwise.

Am looking for feedback on 1) the installation / fit, and whether someone had to cut out some of the plastics to make it fit, and 2) the improvement in ride quality.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
OK, happy that someone else tried to measure our shcoks!
I'll go with 320. (there are a lot of thos length shocks on the market.
What I cannot find is a clear picture of the top mount area of the shocks - to know what might fit and what will not. I am also looking for something to replace those rear shocks!
Looking up there it seems there is some metal near the top mount that might be in the way.
 The plastic I would not worry about trimming!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:50:50 PM »
Let's keep hoping someone can tell us if this type of after market shock will fit up inot the mount on a LIKE!
I've posted this question to the fellows in the LIKE Clubs in the Philippines - but right now they are a very busy dealing with flooding in their country.. They have added many aftermarket parts to their scoots!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »
Let's keep hoping someone can tell us if this type of after market shock will fit up inot the mount on a LIKE!
I've posted this question to the fellows in the LIKE Clubs in the Philippines - but right now they are a very busy dealing with flooding in their country.. They have added many aftermarket parts to their scoots!

Yes, heard them used of daytona showa-shocks, but cannot find any info of them and possible dealers.

oskuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 04:49:13 PM »
Someone found any nice shocks?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 02:55:18 AM »
Someone found any nice shocks?
I'm still looking.
You know, if we worked in a scooter parts warehouse - we could take a LIKE shock and walk around looking for something that would fit  and yet give us a better ride, or more shock travel - or both. Trying to do this from exploded parts pictures is impossible!
The Philippine riders are probably our best bet to find something. But, I've even seen that they take an aftermarket shock, cut it and weld on the LIKE mounts to get a proper fit. There are very likely other shocks that will fit our LIKE - but will they be an improvement over the KYMCO shock - or pretty looking 'junk'?
I've been looking at the Super 8 OEM KYMCO shocks ....but they are the same length, and very close to the load capacity of a LIKE shock. For some reason they are much less expensive in the States than the LIKE shocks. (black vs our chrome make that much diff. in $$?)
If one of us finds a good shock - please post the results!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()