Author Topic: Video or Instructions to install Big bore Kit to a 2012 Super8 2T please?  (Read 4571 times)

Saijin

• View Profile
Hi Guys,

New to scooters and forum here. Got myself a used Super 8 50 2T and found it only goes 27mph.
So I contacted Spi parts and they recommended:

1. Malossi 70cc Bigbore kit for peoples 50
2. Malossi Variator kit (white spring)
3. Leo Vince SP3 exhaust
4. #72 jet
5. Polini Kevlar belt

I just bought them all, but the thing is now... I have never taken a scooter apart before and I want to start doing so, but
I'm afraid of damaging the scooter even if I manage to install everything.

Can some of you give me an instruction of step by step or even better a detailed video so I don't mess up, especially on little little things
that I may miss?

Thank you

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
A $5 smooth boss and an $1 #91 jet would have gotten you up to 36-38mpg. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i5aVtzvld7g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i5aVtzvld7g?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Saijin

• View Profile
Thanks for the video, Pimpy, I have been reading all your replies here.

I actually need it to go beyond 50mph, and the above parts are what I was told to get.

The jet though... I'm in Colorado, so we have 1/3 less air here. Plus Sportique told me that they use a #72 , otherwise it'll become too rich.

1. What do you think? And why #92?

2. What do you think of this video: *he has 9 pparts to it and this is part 8)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:32:21 PM by Saijin »

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
Stockjet is a #82 so #91 is not problem when you get more air. The vid you posted is of a 4 stroke and not close to the same set up you have. I hope your not just Trollin.

2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Saijin

• View Profile
I'm not joking around... I'm a total newbie and know nothing about these scooters. I just had mine a week ago.

I'm sorry, I meant what do you think of #72? I contacted sportique again and they told me to make sure I use #72 or they will drill it out since they said that stock is #70.

The bike is bought in Indiana and shipped to Colorado.

And how do you check the MPG on this thing? Feels like the restrictions in the exhaust and everthing is causing it to eat more gas.

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
The stock jet is a #82 in the 2t super 8. The 4t might use a #70 but not the 2t. They are wrong about the #70.  You will not go lean with that. I lived in Red Feather lakes ( Mts near Fort Collins) area at 8000 ft in Colorado with not a problem. The exhaust is not that restricted in that scoot. My super 8 2t never got better the 60mpg. With or without the stock pipe.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

Saijin

• View Profile
The stock jet is a #82 in the 2t super 8. The 4t might use a #70 but not the 2t. They are wrong about the #70.  You will not go lean with that. I lived in Red Feather lakes ( Mts near Fort Collins) area at 8000 ft in Colorado with not a problem. The exhaust is not that restricted in that scoot. My super 8 2t never got better the 60mpg. With or without the stock pipe.

1. Understood. Will change the jet to #91 . If it is indeed #70, should I still change it to #91?
2. Hmmm.... I already bought the Leo Vince SP3 exhaust... so I guess I'm stuck with it.
3. How do you do a tune up yourself btw? What is it that needed tuning every 2000 miles?
I don't want to have to pay sportique everytime couple of months for tuning if I can do it myself.

Thank you again for sharing the experience.

Saijin

• View Profile
Re: Video or Instructions to install Big bore Kit to a 2012 Super8 2T please?
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 08:01:01 AM »
Here are the parts I installed.

1. Malossi 70cc kit
2. Malossi Variator kit
3. Leo Vince ZX-R
4. 5.7gram rollers that came with my Leo Vince Exhaust.

I opened the stock carb and it has a #70 jet on it.

performace dramatically increased and after 15mph, the performance kicked in even more. Not sure what my top speed is, since I went beyond the 50mph mark in the spedometer.

Another thing is that I'm in Colorado.

A. Do I still need to re-jet?
B. Can I blow my engine up like this?

Nori

• View Profile
Re: Video or Instructions to install Big bore Kit to a 2012 Super8 2T please?
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »
i have polini variator on my super 8 4t and everything is stock
with 6.9 gram rollers im having trouble at more than 43 miles
the rev is too high , so are you ?
i belive yes the sound of scooter before the modding and after is way too strange eh ?
you have to get heavier rollers for less rpm
but your acceleration performance would be decereased a bit

jure vd

• View Profile
Here are the parts I installed.

1. Malossi 70cc kit
2. Malossi Variator kit
3. Leo Vince ZX-R
4. 5.7gram rollers that came with my Leo Vince Exhaust.

I opened the stock carb and it has a #70 jet on it.

performace dramatically increased and after 15mph, the performance kicked in even more. Not sure what my top speed is, since I went beyond the 50mph mark in the spedometer.

Another thing is that I'm in Colorado.

A. Do I still need to re-jet?
B. Can I blow my engine up like this?
sorry for the bad English :)
- That can destroy the engine, I destroyed two
- You need a minimum of 17.5 mm carburetor ... Serial carburetor is too small for this setup
- KYMCO airbox nothing wrong ... behaves like mushrooms .. and requires a large nozzle
- Buy DELLORTO PHVA 17.5 ... and put the air box of Peugeot Speedfight 1 or 2 and you will not recognize your scooter;)

Checked! and tested .. (I destroyed two kit until I realized the problem)
http://www.pohrani.com/?L/FX/4cqvrV0e/2/dsc003831.jpg

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()