Author Topic: New Like owner  (Read 4168 times)

RubenC

• View Profile
Re: New Like owner
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 04:45:08 AM »
Moxie Scooters in Colleyville TX has a set of crash bars.  The owner said that somebody order the bars but never picked them up.

I ride year round on My Downtown since that is my main node of transportation
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 01:04:40 PM »
Moxie Scooters in Colleyville TX has a set of crash bars.  The owner said that somebody order the bars but never picked them up.

I ride year round on My Downtown since that is my main node of transportation
Yes, he sent me my rear bars...I ordered my front bar from my dealer just to give him some $. Moxie is a nice guy, just a little slow....doubt he made much off of my sale. Took 3 calls before he would take my $
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 04:22:11 AM »
My wife finally drove her scooter for the 1st time.  She has never driven a scooter before.  Plus we didn't kill each other.  Yea!  I made sure she understood the basics before she started driving it.  It was fun watching her smile as she drove her scooter in a big big parking lot.  The only problem was when Anne first started driving very slowly she had her feet out to the sides. She would try to do a Fred Flintstone stop when slowing down. She did the same thing when she used to ride her bicycle.  After awhile she finally put her feet on the scooter, stopped doing the Fred Flintstone stop and using the brakes.  She will be taking her MSF class on November 16th and 17th.

Ruben

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 11:02:41 PM »
My wife finally drove her scooter for the 1st time.  She has never driven a scooter before.  Plus we didn't kill each other.  Yea!  I made sure she understood the basics before she started driving it.  It was fun watching her smile as she drove her scooter in a big big parking lot.  The only problem was when Anne first started driving very slowly she had her feet out to the sides. She would try to do a Fred Flintstone stop when slowing down. She did the same thing when she used to ride her bicycle.  After awhile she finally put her feet on the scooter, stopped doing the Fred Flintstone stop and using the brakes.  She will be taking her MSF class on November 16th and 17th.

Ruben
Sounds like you 2 are having a blast. Good for you guys!!
MSF is great for learning stuff ---I think we logged 23 miles on that USAF runway over 2 days. Sore behind !
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 04:11:01 AM »
On last Wednesday, the mileage onmy wife's scooter was 33 miles.  Tonight, the mileage was 260.  I have been using it while my Downtown is being repaired. Also I am trying to get to the 300 mile mark for its first oil change.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
On last Wednesday, the mileage onmy wife's scooter was 33 miles.  Tonight, the mileage was 260.  I have been using it while my Downtown is being repaired. Also I am trying to get to the 300 mile mark for its first oil change.
Hello Ruben....you can yank those factory oils out of there any time you want. The sooner the better according to some!
{some say Kymco has fish-head oil in the engine and gears - but I don't think so. Still - never too early to put some good stuff in there.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 03:59:42 AM »
I dropped Anne's Like this morning a Moxie Scooters in Colleyville TX.  The mileage was 300.1. They will be performing the 300 mileage servicing, replacing the spark plug, installing a windshield, front, and rear bumper trim.  On order the chrome mirrors and the under the seat bag. 

After I dropped Anne's Like, I picked up my Downtown 300 and drove home.  Yeah!  there is a lot of differect riding my 300 versus the Like.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 06:33:37 PM »
I dropped Anne's Like this morning a Moxie Scooters in Colleyville TX.  The mileage was 300.1. They will be performing the 300 mileage servicing, replacing the spark plug, installing a windshield, front, and rear bumper trim.  On order the chrome mirrors and the under the seat bag. 

After I dropped Anne's Like, I picked up my Downtown 300 and drove home.  Yeah!  there is a lot of differect riding my 300 versus the Like.
Ruben,
Pictures please? when you get her LIKE out of the shop!
Will always have a spot for Moxie - he got me my crash bars when no one else would move on them! Geez, wouldn't it be nice to have such a good scooter-specific shop around here!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()