Author Topic: XCiting 250/500 New Backrest Is Now For Sale!  (Read 6997 times)

Blackbeard

• View Profile
XCiting 250/500 New Backrest Is Now For Sale!
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
Folks!

If any of you own a XCiting 250/500, Jac Vinson in Austin has manufactured a Backrest for your Scooter.  It's a High-Rise Backrest, like you may have seen on some of the Burgman 400/650 Scooters.  These are a New Design that Jac has created, and are now available.  Your Butt-Bumper that you have now, comes off, and is attached to Jac's Framework and Lower Buttpad.  Here's a link to Jac's website, but the Backrest isn't listed on here as of yet.  You'll get an idea of the design, by looking at the Burgman Models pictured:

http://www.rvtoys.net/motormate_002.htm

If interested, call Jac directly at 512-454-3469 in Austin Tx between 11:00 am - 9:00 pm.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue until Morale improves"!

bond007

• View Profile
Re: XCiting 250/500 New Backrest Is Now For Sale!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »
       Thanks Blackbeard,  I'm getting one for my Kymco Xciting 500. I don't care what the wife says. In fact I'm not gonna tell her. She's working too hard, she thinks so anyway, gripe gripe gripe.  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 04:59:13 PM by bond007 »
Like Steve McQueen, All I Need is a fast machine and I'm Gona be alright! Kymco Xciting 500!!

TeamTEOR

• Off to The Edge Of Reality
    • View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 05:07:02 AM »
Here is mine, Jac did a wonderful job with them!

Riding my Xciting 500 off to The Edge Of Reality

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 06:04:23 AM »
Cool.  How does it attach to the seat?

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »
In order to install the kit you need to spend about 20 mins of time doing the modifications and then building the kit. To the modify the stock back rest you begin by detaching the vinyl part of the way so that you can remove the rails from it (this is the hardest part, and it is not that hard at all). Then you once it is stapled closed, screw the two brackets together (all of 3 screws) followed by then attaching the brackets to the bottom of the back rest. Once that is done you would slip it into the seat the same way that the original back rest was installed.

Jac Vinson is presently having bumper pads made for the lower bracket, but for now I found that I can wrap a seat belt cushion around that bracket and it covers and protects your rear end nicely. If you have an old office chair you can remove the rubber/plastic tube off of its riser and use it to make the backrest riser look nice, or again a seatbelt cushion will work here as well.

bootscootin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:17:39 PM »
Back rest sounds great.  My problem is the brick that Kymco calls a seat on my Xciting 500 and Grandvista.  Can anyone tell me where I can get it modified or better yet a new soft and comfortable seat for these scooters?  I have purchased a seat pad but that is still a lot to be desired.  I really need to have the seat lowered on the 500 as Im on my tiptoes at a full stop.  Hope you can help and thanks.

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 09:12:52 PM »
I have started to attack that problem as well, I am currently working with a local shop, but it is now working as well as I hoped. I really need to seek out a new place. The best that I can do for the moment is to tell you to search for a local place that works on motorcycle seats. I want someone who is going to use a multi layers of foam at different densities. Memory foam does not work well, and it holds heat which adds to the problem. Gel pads do not work and they dry up, and crack.

To get the Xciting seat softer they are going to have to shave back some of the foam and build it up properly. Also they are going to need to cut that stupid dome out of the seat pan and replace it with fiberglass or metal. One more thing, you need to make sure that the shop that works on your seats keeps the moister barrier (plastic sheet) in place under the vinyl, or else your seat will really take on water if it is out in the rain as it may take forever and a day to dry out otherwise.
Tom

bootscootin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 11:00:03 PM »
I really appreciate your help and advice.  Im 71 and just started riding again this past summer.  Had not been on a scooter since my Cushman back in 1954.  For some reason just slipped into my second childhood and really enjoying it.  Again, thanks for the info.

TeamTEOR

• View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
Well, Congrats on being reborn! LOL  My wife has accused me of going through an early mid life crisis by getting the scooter. I swear I have such a great time when I go out for a ride, it just clears my head from my problems. When I come home I am relaxed and happy! That was the real purpose of the scoot (I am 33).

The backrest really gave me some more room to sit back, plus it did wonders for mid back support. If the backrest alone does not do the trick you can also try an Airhawk seat cushion. I am about 6' 1" and about 260lbs, The Airhawk helped a lot, but it is still not doing it for me in the long runs. However two others that now have the backrest say that they can do 200-300 mile trips with ease. Both of those people are smaller than I am in size and weight, so that must be the big difference.

Enjoy the ride!
Tom
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:39:09 PM by TeamTEOR »

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »
There"s a custom seat maker in San Antonio, TX who I am going to use. Here's a link to his website: www.carzinc.com. He works with out of state people, knows the logistical problems. Read what he says about the foam he uses. Sounds cushy.

My seat has broken in nicely, it's an '07 with nearlhy 17,000 miles, so I've spent some time in the saddle.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 08:27:52 PM »
I use the backrest only on longer tours. Once you do the modifications on the original butt bumper, it only takes a few minutes to return to stock. They both slide into the brackets in the plastic underside.

I like the way the lower butt bumper rides around town and on short scoots, such as from San Antonio to Austin which is about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on . . . which route. Several scenic rides to choose from.

On longer trips, the backrest is nice, nice, nice.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()