Author Topic: Making my website more english-friendly  (Read 1309 times)

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
Making my website more english-friendly
« on: August 26, 2013, 09:26:14 AM »
Hi i have this website about scooters : http://scootergrisen.dk/

Its in danish language but i want to make it more english-friendly so i have translated the menu and other parts of the website, not the main content itself.

My goal is it make the website more usefull and easier to navigate and contact me for people who understand english and dont understand danish.

Also i have a forum/board : http://scootergrisen.dk/forum/ that i would like to be more english-friendly so i made a english forum for that so people can come and ask different questions about scooters in english.

I would like your comments on how it is to navigate and understand the website.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
Re: Making my website more english-friendly
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:21:04 PM »
I moderate a Peru travel web site, we have an English only policy. It's the international language and most people that visit Peru either seek English as a first language or 2nd at worst.

Some sites have a flag near the top of the page asking you what language you want to communicate in. You may lose some home grown members by turning to English but you'll gain others by making the switch. IMO
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »
I have a head cold and am bushed from work - tried to sign in on your site - no able to.
That may be ME though, not your site.
Wanted to ask your members with a Kymco LIKE 200i if they've ever upgraded their rear shocks - and what shock did they find that fits easily and is an improvement over the stock Kymco shock.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 01:37:11 AM »
Scootergrisen, you been hangin' out with Slinger?  Welcome back!

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:45:27 PM »
Some sites have a flag near the top of the page asking you what language you want to communicate in.
I have that to. English and danish flag at the top.
And if you dont choose it used the browsers settings so it should be in english for international users.

I have a head cold and am bushed from work - tried to sign in on your site - no able to.
What was the problem, where did you get stuck ?
I have just added some english text at the top of the board so new users can understand better.

Scootergrisen, you been hangin' out with Slinger?  Welcome back!
I dont know who Slinger is. But thanks. Been working on my website and forum answerings peoples questions so i forget to visit the other forums.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:48:56 PM by scootergrisen »

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 03:16:38 AM »
I just dump your URL into http://translate.google.com/ and it works OK. Not always the best translations but I get most of it. And thanks for the headlight info on the Super 8 by the way.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
I just dump your URL into http://translate.google.com/ and it works OK. Not always the best translations but I get most of it. And thanks for the headlight info on the Super 8 by the way.
Problem with google translate is that it changes the website.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()