Author Topic: LED ....REAR TAIL AND BRAKE LIGHTS..  (Read 2811 times)

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
LED ....REAR TAIL AND BRAKE LIGHTS..
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:46 AM »
what size bulbs should i get for the rear tail light and or brake and what about blinkers i want to step up to a higher wattage for my low beams i know on my old burgman 400 i have to make everything digital to keep fuses from blowing any help is always appreciated  thank you
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:39:31 PM by feebleknievel »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
  I installed # 1157 bulb for the tail light,  LED of coarse,.  turn signals I did not bother with them so I dont know the led numbers

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
The turn signals are smaller bulbs, I spread open the socket to accept 1157's.

RTFM the service manual.
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

SaltyDog

• View Profile
If you'd used the search function on this website, you'd see that in fact at least 2 people DO know:
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=3527.5  (See posts by Whispers and Brent in that thread)

I've not changed the bulbs on the Downtown, but I did on the Super8, and along the way discovered that the brightness of those LEDS can vary considerably amongst vendors.  Although a bit more expensive, I'd suggest buying from the superbrightleds.com website, especially for the tail/brake light.

Also, you'll have to likely pick up a different flasher unit since you're going from 2 LEDs + 2 bulb to 4 LEDs for the turn signals.  SuperbrightLEDs has those as well (and for a decent price actually), but you'll lose the click-click sound that the Kymco flasher has built in:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/car-install-supplies/lf1-s-flat-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/787/842/

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:45:35 AM by SaltyDog »

moparkid

• View Profile
I see you read the not so best seller "How To Insult People and Not Win Friends"......     ::)

ophelia

• View Profile
Maybe taunting or irking your fellow riders with "wow all these 300 owners n none knows" isn't the best way to ask for advice. You generally get back what you give out. I think it's quite reasonable you would have gotten an nicer reply if you omitted the snarky bit.

Maybe you had a bad day. But I suggest you try to be nice. These are the same people you will be dealing with for help and advice tomorrow and the day after so long as you continue to visit KymcoForum.com.

Cheers. :)
2011 Kymco Downtown 300i

Vivo

• View Profile
Yeah, lots of 300 owners and no one knows? You're one of them, right?  Why can't you just remove those lights and see what size are they and share them to those who don't know? geez...

mnpugdog

• View Profile
I have full LED's all the way around and didn't have to crack anything open to do it. I did get them from SuperbrightLED's

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
thanks thats what i want to do is LED all the way around  just want to make sure i get the right head lamps n tail lights n blinkers n such

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()