Author Topic: Purchased a Lance PCH125 over the Agilty 125  (Read 9848 times)

MassScoot

• View Profile
Purchased a Lance PCH125 over the Agilty 125
« on: August 29, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
We few weeks back Massachusetts had a "tax free" weekend (under $2500.00) This was going to be a purchase for my wife. We went over to our Kymco dealer (10 miles away) & she sat on the Agility 125 & didn't like it. She said the seat was too hard & it looked super "cheap" I said to her to look beyond that because it has a good track record. I lost that battle. We went to a SYM/Lance dealer (30+ miles away) & she loved the Lance PCH125 (in Yellow no less) Yellow really? They gave us $75.00 of retail @ $1899.00 & did a DMV run for plates & registration for free. I thought that was pretty cool of them (Scooters Go Green Boston, MA.)   

We have had the scooter now for 2+ weeks & I must admit, it's pretty solid so far. Built by SYM in China & the QC seems to be excellent! I'll admit the looks of the scoot blows away the Agility 125 & the seat is like a cushion in comparison! The engine is peppy @ only 8.38HP. I paid $1824.00 with no freight or dealer fees. We slapped a Shad 33 Liter case on back & she has a decent amount of cargo space now.

Guys...You know I'm a Kymco "fanboy" but they really need to update their line-up! Yes...the Agility change their looks a tad, but they need to move forward. My gripe? They need a FI engine in the mid-range market, aside from the Like 200i. Not everyone (including me) doesn't like the Retro look.

A couple of Lance PCH links:

http://lancepowersports.com/pch-125/specifications.html

http://lancepowersports.com/models/pch125_photos.html

Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

tclhb

• View Profile
Re: Purchased a Lance PCH125 over the Agilty 125
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »
The PCH is FI? If it is, they seem to hide that fact rather than brag about it. It's a nice looking scoot! Drum brakes in the rear is a minus though. I'm surprised they don't have a larger displacement scooter. I went to their website looking for something around 300cc.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:06:57 PM »
Yep, well done~! nice looking scooter and seems to have a good reputation behind it.
Quality look & fitment of its parts and a comfy seat are things to keep a rider happy for a long time - esp. if it proves to be very reliable!

Thanks for posting and keep us informed as you go......(she goes)......
Good news about scooters is always a welcomed post!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
Read the specs on several of their scoots, None have EFI.
And oil changes at 600 miles?
Maybe Agility has same?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:18:27 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:59 PM »
its a good value scooter and materials are a cut above for its price segment. i sat on one and did NOT like the seat, however. too thickly padded and the rise at the rear is right where i put my ass  on my Agility's seat so it would have to be worked out

otherwise the PCH is too shiny in places for my liking and i like the instrument cluster no better then the Agility. if in the market today i would take an Agility over it without hesitation just based on my experience. BUT the PCH has a 150cc version just out, too. priced at $2200, so who knows!!

plus for 2014 Kymco has uglied the Agility up! its like putting bad lipstick on an already semi pig. what Kymco needs to do and should do and should have done already is bring the AgilityRS over, including the "naked" one. but no, the U.S gets bad paint schemes and lousy graphics on an aged model. i mean, seriously? ugh

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:48:41 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 02:45:17 AM »
its a good value scooter and materials are a cut above for its price segment. i sat on one and did NOT like the seat, however. too thickly padded and the rise at the rear is right where i put my ass  on my Agility's seat so it would have to be worked out

otherwise the PCH is too shiny in places for my liking and i like the instrument cluster no better then the Agility. if in the market today i would take an Agility over it without hesitation just based on my experience. BUT the PCH has a 150cc version just out, too. priced at $2300, so who knows!!

plus for 2014 Kymco has uglied the Agility up! its like putting bad lipstick on an already semi pig. what Kymco needs to do and should do and should have done already is bring the AgilityRS over, including the "naked" one. but no, the U.S gets bad paint schemes and lousy graphics on an aged model. i mean, seriously? ugh

$2199.00 for the 2014 PCH 150cc
!!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 03:00:33 AM »
Enjoy the new scoot it will serve you well.

I picked up a Lance Cali Classic 125 last June to run around at the beach with. The fit and finish is as good as any in its class and it can take a bit of a beating. I've put 2000 miles on it on post hurricane Sandy roads tons of potholes and she is still solid with no rattles.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

johnson

• Johnson
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 03:08:22 AM »
I've got a Cali 125 also.  Same as the PCH with a different exterior.  It's an early 2012 with 3200 miles on it.  No problems at all.  The SYM ceramic coated engine is a smooth as any 150 I've ridden with.  I'd really like it as a 150 with 12" wheels front and rear.   But I've got the PS250 if I want to travel.   I had one of the local scooterati redo the seat and remove the hump so I can sit back or forward as I feel the urge.   
People S250 - 2007
Honda Metropolitan - 2002
Lance Cali Classic 125 - 2012
Peace Verona 2012 - sold
Lance Cali Classic 50 - 2011 - sold

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:08 AM »
You are very fortunate to have a wife that enjoys scooting and you know happy wife, happy life. So you did the right thing buying her the scooter SHE wanted. Looks like she has a very nice ride and having the odometer record miles instead of KM is a plus.
2013 Agility 125 Blue

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 06:07:24 AM »
its good to hear all the positive things about Lance /SYM scooters. some really good low cost options coming from them, and i am sure many are aware of the suspicion "made in china" Kymcos and Syms come under. personally i think those doubts can be put to rest and if they continue are most likely cast by competitors. fact of the matter is these $2000 Agility / PCH / Lance things give a lot of scooter for the money and are proving durable and so far, reliable. my Agility has been flawless in all areas. and yeah, a chinese worker put it together. did a tight job, too

so far as the topic because the Agility has been so good to me and i like its "little motorcycle" rack and rear, i would have to get one again over the PCH. and i'm used to it, it fits me like a glove, and handles like crazy. so why mess around? the Agility if kept well stands up well and looks good. BUT i seriously could not buy a new one. not with that paint scheme. i honestly WOULD take a PCH 150 over the Agility because of THAT AWFUL PAINT!!

boy racer wtf? are you listening, KYMCO!!!

bring the AgilityRS or change the paint or this fanboy is buying USED Agility next time from private owner. no cash in it for Kymco. or better yet, an ATTRACTIVE Lance PCH. 150 and all

time to catch up, Kymco. read the FIRST post of this thread.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:11:29 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 06:17:47 AM »
please tell me its only the 50 they did this to? i mean i know its "only a scooter" but i ain't riding on THAT

scoots!

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 03:27:44 PM »
At least they ditched the "Agility" decal in a font that made it way too easy to read as "Guilty"

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 05:05:59 PM »

otherwise the PCH is too shiny in places for my liking and i like the instrument cluster no better then the Agility. if in the market today i would take an Agility over it without hesitation just based on my experience. BUT the PCH has a 150cc version just out, too. priced at $2200, so who knows!!

Thanks for everyone that chimed-in. I appreciate all of your feedback. At 1st...I wanted her to buy the Agility, but the more I think about it, I'm glad she wanted the PCH125. The Kymco dealer is so close to us & considering I have a GT300i & a Super 8, I wanted to stay with Kymco. But the more I look over the Lance, I think the fit & finish is better then the Agility myself. I don't want to offend any Agility owners in these forums, but if you put both scooters side-by-side, you'll see the difference. The plastics alone are thicker & the seams fit perfectly. The speedo layout is better as well. Polished black rims vs. the flat-black Kymco rims. Everything from the mirrors up, look @ feel more expensive. I own a 2013 Super 8 & I must admit, I wasn't impressed with my plastics or paint job. I had a few panels replaced under warranty because there was red paint over white & white over red. It was a sloppy job (maybe mine was made on a Friday afternoon in China) At least Kymco honored their warranty.

Not to say SYM/Lance doesn't have their own issues. Parts are usually more expensive & harder to find then Kymco by a country mile. If you're in the market for a 125cc entry-level scooter, then I highly suggest taking a look @ either the PCH125 or the Havana/Cali Classic (it retro is your thing) BTW...You know why we received $75.00 off of the retail price? The color Yellow! The dealer said he had a SYM HD200 in Yellow that took him over 18 months to sell @ a hefty discount. Usually he said they sell the PCH125 @ retail. 
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 01:39:29 AM »
no offense massScoot the PCH is a cut above the Agility in materials used and appearance. fit and finish is also above par for price segment. i just can't diss the Agility as "cheap" because over 17,000 hard rode miles tells me different

that said when on the showroom floor hard rode miles means squat to those looking at a first scooter, and those who aren't such as myself...i see that paint scheme and RUN. i meant it when i said "Lance PCH 150? yeah. get me one before and Agility." because Kymco NEEDS to put a 150 in the Agility now and return to basic paint scheme. it has NEW competition and needs to keep pace, not cover up its shortcomings with goofy paint and decals

Agility RS. i mean is it really too much to ask!!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:47:11 AM by MrKymco »
scoots!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()