Author Topic: pretty snappy PI LIKE's  (Read 1902 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
pretty snappy PI LIKE's
« on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:33 AM »
Well done LIKE's in the Philippines.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:32:53 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: pretty snappy PI LIKE's
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 05:56:31 AM »
Come visit us Stig and I'll introduce you as the Like Guru from the U.S. of A.   ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 01:26:58 PM »
Come visit us Stig and I'll introduce you as the Like Guru from the U.S. of A.   ;)
Thanks for the invite Mr. Vivo (I hope I'm not assuming too much here with the "Mister" - maybe you are a 12 yr old scooter riding girl in Bristol, England - but hey, that would be OK too since you are a true scooter riding nut job like the rest of us!) I cannot be the LIKE guru- there are many more veteran and better looking LIKE officiandos on this forum.
Right now I would be lucky to make it to the Indiana border with this stock seat - around Dayton I would be crying like the above 12 yr old girl - but when I get the seat fixed I might give it a shot. You are just west of San Francisco, yes?
(Tim Horton's coffee cup leaked on my map of the Pacific....but I still have a piece with Guam on it. Is Guam in your neighborhood?)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:33:01 AM »
Guam is near us Guru Stig...  ;D  The awesome thing about you my friend is your determination and enthusiasm in knowing all the nitty gritties about your Like... you should name your scoot "Love"... Also, it is not very common here that a big American friend would share a common interest with us... small scooterists... I have several American buddies here and they ride cruisers and other v-twins... They won't even go near a Scion..Lol!  O.k., so no Guru stuff... how about "A Like buddy from overseas"...  ;)

Waiting for Stig's boat.....

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 01:39:24 AM by Vivo »

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 05:26:43 AM »
What a cool photo! It's really fun riding with a group.
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 05:38:04 AM »
Here's our Super 8 Club....

Momma bear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »
Those are nice scoots. I wish kymco offered more aftermarket parts to jazz things up. I hear you Stig on the seat issue. My longest ride lasted 1 1/2 hours and was a killer. You think kymco would monitor the forums and use them as a marketing research tool.
People300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
Those are nice scoots. I wish kymco offered more aftermarket parts to jazz things up. I hear you Stig on the seat issue. My longest ride lasted 1 1/2 hours and was a killer. You think kymco would monitor the forums and use them as a marketing research tool.
Well, it would probably take more than 500 Gringos buying their LIKE's to get some action from Kymco on the seats - most of their customers in the East have no issues with the seat apparently.  Thankfully,, these scooters are offered to us here in the States - I doubt Kymco notices much from our purchases - they are well made and at very good prices - which is why we buy them. But they are not made with us in mind - so I may fuss about the seat on my scooter - but I also recognize that it, too, is well made for the price and serves well in the East and Europe for the majority of its customers. The fact that they've apparently constructed it with magic clips and other hidden fasteners is a testament to their cleverness and evidence of my lack of same. This scooter is bargain transportation - for its price it is well engineered and constructed. Handsome to some eyes, and, unless you're a big dude, a blast on long rides. The rest of us hop off at intervals and do a little dance , then get back on for more fun.
Sign me, Dancing in Ohio
Stig
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:42:00 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 03:12:44 AM »

Waiting for Stig's boat.....

[/quote]

Vivo, you sir, are a kick in the pants yourself!
By darn that would be a blast to ride with these rascals - look at them!
I think the one in the middle might be a little grumpy after his oatmeal, but the rest of them would be good fun to hang with - once I figure out how to get invited into their group. Probably takes a while to let them get to know you, etc. I would just sit quietly under a tree with my 200 tools under my seat laid out neatly, checking my valve lash and applying the 12th coat of wax to my visor. Wiping the bottom of the engine off, as it seems these fellows respect a clean scooter.
I'd hang about for a few days and bug them with a zillion questions about our scoots -until they'd figure out they can't get rid of me! I like anybody who rides scoots & smiles in the rain!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:28 AM »
And don't forget the zillion poses and pictures they and you'll be taking.... with facebook captions  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()