Author Topic: STARTING AND RUNNING ISSUES STILL CAN'T FIND THE ISSUE  (Read 875 times)

NOVAguy567

• View Profile
STARTING AND RUNNING ISSUES STILL CAN'T FIND THE ISSUE
« on: August 30, 2013, 05:05:39 AM »
I've been having issues with my Agility 50. It takes about 20 seconds to start using the electric start and using the kick start is essentially impossible. Once I do get it started it will only make it about 3 or 4 blocks before bogging down and stalling out. Then it takes an additional 20 seconds to bring it back to life again. It does this 3 or 4 times before it starts running consistantly but even then it refuses to idle and is very underpowered. I cannot get it to scale a hill of any size without it bogging down and reducing my speed to 10-15 mph. Sometimes it won't even make it up the hill at all. Restarting it seems to temporarily give me the amount of power it normally has, but it returns to reduced power within 0.5 miles. I've also noticed that the lights are dimmer than usual and when I have my turn signal on the horn will get softer everytime the turn signal illuminates and back louder when the light turns off. I'm at a loss. I've replaced the spark plug, changed the fuel filter, installed a new air filter, cleaned the carb, and adjusted the idle. Nothing seems to be helping.

NOVAguy567

• View Profile
Re: STARTING AND RUNNING ISSUES STILL CAN'T FIND THE ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:28 AM »
Can someone think of any kind of solution? I don't know what to do. I would really appreciate ANY kind of insight. It's my only source of transportation and I don't think that I can trust it to get me to where I need to go.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
Your battery good? I noticed you mentioned about lights and horn... maybe it's your electrical system... Your electrical system controls the horn, lights, and ignition...  If it's not your battery, it's your electrical system... your charging system just cannot keep up with your demand that's why your scoot is starving... Check ground wires first, they might just be loose...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 08:05:48 AM by Vivo »

Aquaviva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

I should start also by the battery. It was my case. I left that step to the very last and that was indeed the solution. If honk and lights are weak you should first charge the battery. Good Luck !!

Aquaviva

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()