Author Topic: just for kicks  (Read 973 times)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
just for kicks
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:02:03 PM »
Take a guess as to what one or maybe two ounces of Nitro Methane to a full tank of gas in a DT or GT would do?.

Engine damage ?

acceleration ?

increased torque ?

top speed ?

Also a question for those here with race experience:
Can you guess as to the difference between Octane booster and Nitro Methane on a small 300cc engine. Performance enhancements, possible damage etc..

Watching fastest vehicles in the world on the History channel and my mind started wondering.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:21:03 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: just for kicks
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:24:21 AM »
High performance / racing engines use racing components... e.g. forged pistons, chromium rings, etc. and they can withstand high internal stress... our scooters are are not built for high stress and if it will not damage your scoot immediately... it will for sure shorten it's life... One reason why racers use nitromethane aside from power is in order to have a rich mixture... nitromethane carries with it it's own oxygen molecules so it does not have to totally rely on atmospheric oxygen... rich mixture is a must for these racing engines to reduce temperature...

An Octane booster is just an anti-knock additive... Nitromethane is a racing fuel twice the power of ordinary gasoline...

Nitromethane cannot be used as a fuel additive.... racers usually use 90% nitromethane and 10% methanol... it needs methanol to stabilize it... Drag racers also change their oil every after run because nitro seeps thru the rings and contaminates your oil...  Maybe a good additive would be nitro propane or propylene oxide instead....

Another thing is that nitromethane is a slower burning fuel... that's why you see those flames out the exhaust manifolds of those drag racers... put nitromethane in you scooter and the first you'll see is you muffler exploding....

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:27:45 AM by Vivo »

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 04:27:31 PM »
High performance / racing engines use racing components... e.g. forged pistons, chromium rings, etc. and they can withstand high internal stress... our scooters are are not built for high stress and if it will not damage your scoot immediately... it will for sure shorten it's life... One reason why racers use nitromethane aside from power is in order to have a rich mixture... nitromethane carries with it it's own oxygen molecules so it does not have to totally rely on atmospheric oxygen... rich mixture is a must for these racing engines to reduce temperature...

An Octane booster is just an anti-knock additive... Nitromethane is a racing fuel twice the power of ordinary gasoline...

Nitromethane cannot be used as a fuel additive.... racers usually use 90% nitromethane and 10% methanol... it needs methanol to stabilize it... Drag racers also change their oil every after run because nitro seeps thru the rings and contaminates your oil...  Maybe a good additive would be nitro propane or propylene oxide instead....

Another thing is that nitromethane is a slower burning fuel... that's why you see those flames out the exhaust manifolds of those drag racers... put nitromethane in you scooter and the first you'll see is you muffler exploding....

Thanks Vivo.
From reading your post and doing a little research online, I gather it is not practical and any engine would need major mods.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »
During my High School racing days, the only "just for kicks" brew we made was adding AVGAS or aviation gas to regular gasoline... did not give good results... just damaged the engine...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
 put nitromethane in you scooter and the first you'll see is you muffler exploding....

[/quote]
Same thing happens to me if I eat too many high fibre bars in one day.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 11:30:43 PM »
Hey, add a 1/4 oz at a time to 1 gal of gas, each time video the event and see how it takes. You may find a good mix at 50-1 then again you may catch fire when you blow a piston too.

Where's your stones at?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:28:14 AM »
Hey, add a 1/4 oz at a time to 1 gal of gas, each time video the event and see how it takes. You may find a good mix at 50-1 then again you may catch fire when you blow a piston too.

Where's your stones at?

coooooooooooL!!!!  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()