Author Topic: Kymco People-S 200i (injection!, two discbrakes)  (Read 4147 times)

carloscuny

• View Profile
Kymco People-S 200i (injection!, two discbrakes)
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »
For some weeks I own a People-S 200i. Very little found on the internet.

Would like to find more technical info especially valveclearance.
looks like the same engine as the Like 200i, but different gearing (12'' instead 15" wheels)
The People-S is from 2010, and looks like any other people-s from the outside, but it has a disc front and rear, this is typically 200i. It has the injection that looks like the Like!

Anyone?

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Kymco People-S 200i (injection!, two discbrakes)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:28 PM »
Hi carlos

Where are you located? You have a rare one there. Most of the sites I have seen always list the P 200s as carbureted especially a 2010! Also they were equipped with rear drums not disc.  Let  us know more about your scoot and some pix.

Len
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Croak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »
Kymco does some weird things in different markets, that's for sure.   The People isn't even sold here in Malta anymore (I really wanted a GT 300i), but they sell the 16" Agility City 200i with the same injected 163cc motor as the Like 200i and dual disks.  Oddly enough, they don't sell the Like 200i here, just the Like 125 carb version.  And they stopped selling the tiny wheeled Agility here a few years ago as well, but they still carry the Super 8 that nobody buys.  And nobody here has even heard of the Movie or Campagno, or the Like LX or the Myroad.

Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:20:02 PM »
Kymco does some weird things in different markets, that's for sure.   The People isn't even sold here in Malta anymore (I really wanted a GT 300i), but they sell the 16" Agility City 200i with the same injected 163cc motor as the Like 200i and dual disks.  Oddly enough, they don't sell the Like 200i here, just the Like 125 carb version.  And they stopped selling the tiny wheeled Agility here a few years ago as well, but they still carry the Super 8 that nobody buys.  And nobody here has even heard of the Movie or Campagno, or the Like LX or the Myroad.

I certainly agree about Kymco making weird marketing decisions. The Compagno 110 for a greater price than the LIKE 200i makes sense only if you are in need of a low seat height. I really like the style of the Agility City. It would be a good replacement for the Super8 especially if it was fuel injected as yours is. That would be great competition for the Lance PCH.

2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Croak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »
I bought the Agility City 200i a couple weeks ago, black on black.  :)  Getting the first service done tomorrow. 

So far, I really enjoy it, especially considering it replaced a 2011 Peugeot SumUp 125 that I owned for a month...that thing almost put me off scooters forever, it's a stereotypical example of a bad Mainland Chinese model.

The City feels "right" to me, big wheels give it that motorcycle handling I'm oh-so-used-to, and it got better after I ditched the stock Kendas for City Grips.  And of course, if you're into modern, it's a handsome machine, easily the most attractive of the Kymco lineup that's available here in Malta.

http://www.gordonsmoto.com/viewNewBikes.php?make=Kymco

Was also looking at a Peugeot Tweet 125 RS/SYM Symphony 125, which were at least €500 cheaper, but couldn't resist the lure of 33 extra fuel injected CC, even if the HP/weight ratio between the Kymco and Sym is about the same (128kg Agility vs 104kg Tweet/Symphony).  Besides, did I mention it looks good?  And then there's the little things, like bar-end weights, the fly screen, switch gear, etc that are superior on the Kymco.

More Kymco market madness, the Agility City available just across the 60 mile bit of water to Italy comes with a color matched SHAD top case, color matched front fender, bright aluminium wheels instead of black, upgraded for comfort rear shocks, tasteful blue-tinted headlight lens, AND it's €800 cheaper even though Italy has a higher VAT than Malta.  Then again, that's a huge scooter market and Piaggio's home turf.
Aprilia Tuono RSV 1000
Kymco Agility City 200i (R16)

carloscuny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
News from the front.

The people-s 200i (afi) is rare here. But 50cc's People-s are everywhere. These come in two types 50cc (moped) and 50cc with reduced power, ( without helmet, called "snorfiets'' )
I had not yet seen another 200i. Most motorscoots are around 400 and up, just like the motorcycles light is not very popular.

The People-S 200i works very well. The engine especially is very direct and pleasant. Compared to my Yamaha Cygnus 125 (2005) it has much more power. Road handling is well, though frontfork is on the hard side. Braking is very good. Instruments are modern and complete. Mixed digital odd/trip and clock. Very small understorage, getting hot after a ride.

Displacement is not 200 as often listed, even by Kymco. It is 163. Speed is not 120Km/h but closer to 100-105 really. So this one cheats somehow. Still the performance does not. Well build, good experience

Riding is well upright and comfy. The seat is somewhat tilted front to my experience. Footroom is little ( big feet ), well that for now, just a few hundred km's up to now, all in all a good experience.

Anyone with more 200 afi experience

Greeting fellow kymconian's!

carloscuny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 08:45:45 PM »
Will post some pics soon.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 09:18:04 PM »
My 200s is a carbed bike the "i" is fuel injection but has the same HP. My "s" has a rear drum and front disk.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()