Author Topic: what did you pay for your used xciting 500 year, miles ,price  (Read 2998 times)

we is

• View Profile
what did you pay for your used xciting 500 year, miles ,price
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:00:29 AM »
 what di you pay for your used    xciting 500 ??    year miles price

ScooterBJ

• "Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!"
    • View Profile
Re: what did you pay for your used xciting 500 year, miles ,price
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:16:07 PM »
I did really well on mine. Bought it in November. It was a dealer maintaind '09 R500i with only 5K miles. Stock except for a massive Shad tail box/case. Cosmetically, it had quite a few paint chips along the sides and the plastic exhaust guard was busted, but had a new Metzler rear tire and fresh service. I gave $2100. I then sold the tailbox for $150, so in all I gave $1950.

I made a new exhaust guard from expanded metal, installed a smaller tailbox (I already had) and have spent some on other upgrades, but the initial and overall cost was hard to beat as the low book value was about $1K over my purchase. It did a great job on the Big Ass Scooter 1000 mile tour through the Rockies. It is the scoot on the left side.
http://bigassscooter.weebly.com/index.html

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
I payed $1,950.00 for my 2007 X500 a few years ago with 7,250 miles on it from a used car dealer in south Ill. They blew it out the door to get it off the floor. My gain. :) ;) ;D :-*

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
I paid $2000 for my 2009 Xc500 ri and put about 300 dollars in plastics.  It sunk in the driveway later that week during rain storm.  She is a little scuffed up.  8800 miles. Pricing varies depending on year and mileage. I had a Orange 2007 XC250 I loved the orange although I don't think it sold well.  I felt very visible in traffic on the orange.  Pre 2008 no fuel injection.  The carb units run well and are less expensive than the ones with fuel injection. 

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
My 07 500 is orange. Love the color, and yes I have noticed many people do double takes and SEE ME, just before pulling out in front of, or turning left, in front of me! Now I have about 44,000 miles on it.  :-*

houndguy

• Fear the mangy mutt!
  • Your idiotism amuses me.
    • View Profile
    • Scooter Revolution!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 11:50:39 AM »
I think I overpaid  :-[ but then in Florida they screw you with Dealer fees and taxes.  My "Kimmie" is an 08 with 2200 miles on it when I bought it.  She did have a dealer service and new Malossi variator in her.  Their was a scratch on one of the quarter panels but I could deal with it.  No top case although at one time she did have one.

I have to admit she was not my first choice but I have been very surprised by her performance and comfort.   ;D  So much so that I could see another Kymco in my future.  Oh, her milage now is 12,000 and climbing.  I've owned her since Feb. 
Just another scooter blog - http://www.2smallerwheels.blogspot.com

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 02:12:37 AM »
I got a really great deal on mine.  It looked a little beat up. The plastics had a couple of flex ties holding it together. I bought some new plastics, changed all of the fluids and had the kymco dealer look it over.  Dealer gave me 2 thumbs up.  I have put about 6500 miles on it since then and could not be happier.  I have seen some screaming deals on 2007-8 XC 500's without fuel injection.
I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

darkjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 06:09:06 AM »
Would a new 2010 for 3900 still count as awesome?

we is

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Best  value  in scooterdom  methinks.    44,000 mile  by  sisster mary    very  impressive.

alpha dog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and decided to join forum since I found out so much about the Kymco line reading this forum.  I bought a beautiful red 2010 ( original purchase in use date was June of 2011 ) 500 that had 4900 miles on it for 2900.00.  I considered this a steal since I followed Craigslist posting in a 500 mile range for 2 months.  I live outside of Dayton, Oh and traveled to Southern MI to buy it ( over 200 miles ) as soon as it was posted.  The seller was getting call after call on it the whole time I was there.  There was not a scratch on it except both lower black panels where original owner tried to remove all the white info. stickers and scratched the panels in the process.  Not a problem.  I removed the panels, sanded and repainted the duller flat black color with several coats of metallic black and clearcoat for $30.00 and now it pops.  I also had Kymco in 3 inch vinyl red with white border made and placed on the panels, and I think it pops, but just my opinion.

The  Xciting 500 ri is also ABS and fuel injected.  It also came with the large Givi windsceen that works wonderfully.  A Givi color matched case with integrated lights was on the rear and a Leo Vince exhaust complimented it also.  The front tire was almost new, however the rear was bald.  In two days I got a Shinko rear for 65 dollars delivered and a Harley  Mechanic two miles away removed rear wheel and mounted new tire for $40.

I really love this scooter and will make further posts I am sure.       Chuck

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 12:05:39 AM »
Congrats on your purchase AD.  Sounds like a sharp looking scooter and a good deal to boot.  Ride safely.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()