Author Topic: Hello, 1st scooter...  (Read 2721 times)

L15A

• View Profile
Hello, 1st scooter...
« on: February 10, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »
HI,
So about a week ago I had a brainwave, I wanna scooter I though, fed up of the London traffic, public transport, and having to pay £8 a day if I wanna drive into central London by car. So my search began, not much of a search because I bought the 1st scooter I saw hehe...My first ride was yesterday, and I really enjoyed it, only a short one though as I still have to get used to it.  The only thing I didn't like was the sluggish performance when first starting out, it seemed to take a good 10 mins to warm up properly..Not a nice feeling when it feels like it will cut out.
Oh and a question about the throttle, it seems to have a fair amount of play, I can turn the throttle back and forth without it revving, do I need to tighten the cable, also the throttle will move from side to side, is this normal?

axy

• View Profile
Re: Hello, 1st scooter...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »
1. Hesitation and cutting of when cold is for some reason quite common with Agility and it happens on my 125 too from day one.
2. You can adjust free play by using adjuster nut.
3. It is normal.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:32 PM »
Welcome aboard Lisa! Is this a NEW scoot? If so the dealer can address these troubles. I get the Impression you bought it second hand tho. There is an adjuster for the cable free play on the throttle It should be set to 1-2mm free play. Also you might try adjusting the idle air mix to get a few more rpm,s when cold. use the search feature on the top right with the key words "idle mix". if you can't sort it out that way, post back, and you will get all the help you need to get your scoot set up for you. Congrats on your purchase. O, ps. a tiny side to side is normal. 2-3mm
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »
..welcom to the forum LI5A...zombie is exactly right...

..hang out here a while, and we'll help you get up to 72kmh...maybe more!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

L15A

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »
Thanks, yeah the scooter is 2nd hand, it's an 06, I will try and have a look at the idle tomorrow, along with the cable..Oh and I doubt it will be to long before I cut the CDI to get some extra speed...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »
No-doubt!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
I forgot to post the page for the cdi cut. (I ALWAYS forget links)   http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1142.0

Kimcofan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »
Good luck with your scoot!!! It is defiantly a fun way to get where you need to go.  Its also way awesome on gas.
I'm sure you will enjoy!!!  Any way this is a fun forum to post, as well as gather information for troubleshooting!!!
Keep posting and Im sure you'll be bit by the scoot bug!!!

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 11:58:16 PM »
I think you made a good choice.   Yes....The  Kymco Agility 50 is a real bear to
start in the winter.   I check the Daily Mail every day and you've had a particularly
rough winter so far.   I also pick up UK Scootering Magazine every month,  but it
seems to follow refurbished Lambrettas and Vespas.   I have become a real fan
of the Kymco brand.  I've have the Agility,  A 250cc Grand Dink or Grandvista
and a 250cc Xciting.  I love them all.   Each has it's place.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:47:02 AM »
...i guess cold could be a relative term, but my A50 generally starts on the first kick whatever the temp..

..i do let it warm up for a few minutes before i ride....

L15A

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 10:16:25 PM »
So we cut the CDI and it goes about 6mph faster now..Have got the variator tool and new rollers so will be sorting that out in the next few days..woo hoo

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:48 AM »
Awesome! What rollers are you going to use?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 11:45:17 AM »
So we cut the CDI and it goes about 6mph faster now..Have got the variator tool and new rollers so will be sorting that out in the next few days..woo hoo

..awesome!!!

L15A

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »
Hmmm not so awesome...
Couldn't get the variator off grrr. Will try that again tomorrow and hopefully have more patience!!

Whilst we were trying to do that I noticed that there is a small cog above the variator? Is this supposed to move in and out ? After we put it all back together again we turned it on and it just revved up by itself!  What have we done lol...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »
Hmmm not so awesome...
Couldn't get the variator off grrr. Will try that again tomorrow and hopefully have more patience!!

Whilst we were trying to do that I noticed that there is a small cog above the variator? Is this supposed to move in and out ? After we put it all back together again we turned it on and it just revved up by itself!  What have we done lol...

.umm..the small cog is your starter...dunno what you might have done...can you explain further the symptoms??

;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()